The ICICI bank has issued a new type of credit card jointly with Amazon Pay (India) and Visa, known as the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card. One of the special features of this card is that it requires no joining or renewal charges. Moreover, it offers you rewards and cashback on shopping with Amazon using this card.
So, to learn more about this card’s features, benefits and how you can apply, keep reading this article below.
Key Features of Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Some of the important features of Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card have been highlighted below:
- Joining or annual fees not required: One of the key features of this credit card is that it needs no extra charges for joining or renewing. Thus, it is one of the total lifetime free credit cards in the country.
- Cashback on every transaction: You can receive a cashback of 1% on every transaction you make offline or outside Amazon purchases (not applicable for fuel purchases).
- Availability of Zero-Cost EMIs: You can avail the no-cost EMI while shopping on Amazon. However, the purchase amount should be Rs. 3000 or more.
- There is no upper limit or expiration date for cashback: The Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card offers you the cashback from a certain percentage of your purchase transaction value. These cash backs are not limited and also have no expiry date. Therefore, you can use them anytime you want.
- Availability of accelerated cashbacks: In case you shop at Amazon using this credit card, you will receive accelerated cashbacks, which are higher than regular cash backs. Generally, it ranges between 3% and 5% of your transaction value.
- Flexibility in reward point redemption: The Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card allows you to redeem your rewards points from over 100 Amazon Pay partner stores or sites including Amazon.in.
- Reward Points equal cash: Unlike many other credit cards Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card offers 1 rupee for each point, i.e. 1 reward point = 1 rupee.
Top 5 Benefits and Rewards of Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
The top 5 benefits you can receive with the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card are:
- Culinary Treats Programme
In this scheme, Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card offers you a discount of approximately 15% at 200 restaurants in India on your dining bills.
- Contactless Payments
You can avail a contactless payment with the NFC chip present in this credit card. These are supported in every Point of Sale or PoS machine.
- Discounts for Fuel Costs
You can get a 1% surcharge waiver for all the fuel purchases you make with the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card.
- The Credit Card is Chip-Enabled
This card comes with a chip embedded within it to secure both your online and offline transactions.
- Cashbacks are Automatic
Every time you make a transaction using this credit card, cashbacks are accumulated under your name. The total cashbacks accumulated in a month are then credited to your Amazon Pay account which is linked to your credit card during the month-end billing cycle.
That said, to make the most of these features and benefits, you must set up the credit card properly which includes a few preliminary steps, such as ICICI bank credit card pin generation.
Fees and Charges of Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
|Joining and annual fee||NIL|
|Late payment charges||If the outstanding due is:
5 Easy to Apply Steps for Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Previously, not everyone could apply for the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card. It was offered to a selected few customers who used the Amazon app through mail or push notifications.
However, today anyone can apply for this card, given that they meet the eligibility criteria. Here are the steps you can follow to do the same:
Step 1: Open the official website of ICICI bank
Step 2: Now, under the product section, find the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Bank page and click.
Step 3: After you are redirected to this page, click on “Apply Now”.
Step 4: You will now be redirected to Amazon website, where you can also check if you are eligible for applying.
Step 5: Now complete the credit card application by filling up the necessary details and clicking the submit button.
After you have submitted the application carefully, wait for the officials to contact you.
Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card Eligibility Criteria and Other Requirements
The eligibility criteria to apply for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card are as follows:
- Age: To apply, your age must be between 18 and 60 years.
- Occupation: You either have to be a salaried employee or a self-employed individual.
- Residence: Your residence must be within a city that falls under the ICICI Bank’s service.
- Income: You must have a minimum income of Rs. 25,000 in case you are an existing customer of ICICI bank. For a non-ICICI customer, the income must be Rs. 30,000.
If you meet all the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, you can apply for the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card. However, you must have these necessary documents close at hand:
- PAN card copy
- A copy of your address proof such as electricity bill, Aadhaar card, Passport, driving licence, or voter’s ID card.
- Proof of your income, such as 3 months’ bank statement or your latest ITR with income calculation (for self-employed individuals) and your latest salary slip (for salaried individuals).
The Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card is one of the few lifetime-free credit cards that require minimal or no maintenance fees such as joining or renewal fees. In this article, you have come across its various features and benefits and how you can apply for one.
However, remember that a credit card is a type of personal loan that comes with debt repayment. Therefore, before opting for one, it will be better to weigh your financial goals, expenses, and requirements.