If You have Lost Your ATM card or It Got Stolen, the First thing You Need to Do is to Block Your ATM card. Blocking Your Stolen ATM card will Restrict any Unauthorised Transactions. If You have also Lost Your Debit card and want to Know how to Block SBI ATM Card, Then Keep Reading.
ATM cards have Become an Important Part of Our Daily Lives. From Withdrawing Cash from ATM Machines to online Payments, ATM cum Debit cards are Quite handy. Most of Us have Started Using our ATM/Debit card Extensively, the risk of Fraud also Increased.
The Minute You Realise that You have Lost Your SBI Debit card or Been Stolen, It is best to block your ATM Card. State Bank of India has streamlined its processes of Block the ATM Card online. This Way, Customer can Block their SBI ATM card Quickly Without Losing Their hard Earned Money.
SBI allows Its Customer to block their Debit card in Various Ways. We will Have a Look at some of the Quickest Way to Block Your Lost or Stolen ATM card.
How to Block SBI ATM card online?
SBI Internet Banking is one of the Quickest Way to Block Your ATM card. Follow the Steps Mentioned below to Block Your ATM Card Immidetly.
- Visit the official Website of SBI Internet Banking.
- Login to Your Internet Banking Account with Your Username & Password.
- Navigate to E-Services on Header Menu and click on ATM Card Services, and Select Block ATM card.
- Select the Account for which You want to Block Your Debit card.
- Select the ATM card You wish to Block and the Reason for Blocking. Now Click on Submit.
- You can Select OTP or Profile Password to Authenticate the Process.
- If You have Selected OTP, You will receive an OTP on Your Registered Mobile Number.
- A Successful Message will be Display on Your Screen with Ticket No. You can use this Ticket for any Future Reference.
How to Block SBI ATM Card by Phone Call?
SBI has 24×7 Customer Support for its Customer. They offer Complete Support in any Queries related to Banking and Services. You can contact SBI Customer care to Block Your ATM card Instantly.
- Call 1800 11 2211 ( Toll-Free)
The Customer will be Guided by IVRS on how to Block SBI ATM. Follow the instructions provided correctly to Block the Debit card.
- Also, Read – What is the CIF number in SBI?
If You are facing any difficulty, get in touch with SBI Customer care Executive by Calling on the Number Mentioned Above. Describe your Issue and Ask them to Block Your Debit card by Providing them Essential Details.
How to Block SBI Debit card by SMS?
To Block Your SBI ATM card Via SMS You can Follow the Easy Steps Suggested Below.
- Send an SMS ‘BLOCK<space>XXXX‘ to 567676 From Your Registered Mobile Number.
- XXXX is the Last 4-Digit of Your ATM/Debit card Number.
Once You have Raised the Request to Block Your ATM card via SMS, You will receive a confirmation SMS with the Ticket Number with the Date and Time.
How to Block SBI Debit card Through SBI Mobile Banking Application?
- Download the SBI Mobile Banking App From Play Store.
- Login to Your Account Using Username and Password.
- Navigate to the Services option on the Homepage of the Mobile Banking App.
- Select Debit card Hostlisting From the Services Menu.
- Now Select the Account which is Linked with the ATM card.
- On the Next page Select the Debit card You want to Block and the Reason for Blocking the card.
- Now You will receive an SMS on Your Registered Mobile Number. Enter the OTP and click on Submit to Validate the Process.
This is How You Can Block Your SBI ATM card using the Mobile Banking App. If You Do Not Want to Block Your card, You can also ‘Turn off’ domestic and international usage. This Way You Can Prevent any Misuse of Your ATM card.
How to Block Your SBI Debit card offline?
To Block your SBI Debit card offline Visit Your Nearest SBI Branch and Follow the Steps.
- Visit Your Nearest State Bank of India.
- Request the Bank Executive to Block Your ATM card.
- Provide them with all the Necessary Details Like Account Number and Debit card Number.
- The Executive May Ask You Few Cross Question about Your card for verification.
- Your SBI ATM card will be Blocked within Few Minutes of the Request Submission.
Frequently Asked Question ( FAQ )
Can I unblock my ATM card if I Found It Back?
Yes, You can unblock your ATM card by Submitting a Request letter to Your Home Branch.
Who can Apply for an SBI ATM card?
Anyone having a Savings or Current Account with SBI can Apply for a Debit card.
Can I Reapply for a New ATM card After Blocking?
Yes, The replacement of the old card is Available for Minimal Charges of 300 INR.
Why Bank Blocked by Debit card?
There can be Multiple Reasons why the Bank Blocked Your card. Suspicious Activity and Permanent Account Closure are some of the main reasons for card Blocking.
If You notice any Suspicious activity with Your Debit card, the First Step is to contact the SBI Customer. We hope this Article Helped You to know about how to Block the SBI ATM card. If You have any Queries related to SBI Debit or Credit card, You can Share them with us in the comments below.