How to close HDFC bank account – HDFC is one of the best Private Sector banks in our Country, the Bank offers Various Banking & Financial Services Like savings/ Current Account, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, FD/RD, and Many More.
If You Don’t like the Services of HDFC Bank and Want to Close it then Here a Detailed Guide on how to Close Your HDFC Bank account.
Maintaining Multiple Bank account can be Frustrating Because You have to Main a minimum Monthly Balance. If You are Not Keeping up with Minimal Balance in Your Bank account then it may Impact Your Credit score Plus You have to Pay a Penalty.
Also Read – HDFC Bank Timings & HDFC NEFT timings
If You are Not Satisfied with the Services offered by Your HDFC Bank, then You are Free to Close it any time You want. To Close Your HDFC Bank Account You have to Pay Fees of Rupees 500 to Bank ( Depend upon the Monthly Average Balance ).
Follow the Simple Steps Below to Close Your Account.
How to Close HDFC Bank Account – Easy Steps
You Can Not Close Your HDFC Bank Account online. The Account Holder Need to Visit their HDFC Bank branch for an Account Closure Request. You can Download the HDFC Account Closure Form Online and Submit it to Your Branch to Close the Account.
- Once You have Downloaded Your Form, Fill in all the Details Mentioned in the HDFC Closure Form.
- Now Submit the Form to Your Branch Manager Along with Your Passbook, Debit Card and CheckBook.
- You will be Provided a Request Ackonlogment Slip.
- Bank Will Verify all the Document You have Submitted along with the HDFC Closure Form.
- Once Verified, Your Account will be closed within 7 to 10 Working Days.
Things to Keep in Mind Closing Your Bank Account
Before you submit the Account Closure Form to Your Branch, Here a Checklist You Should Follow to be on the safer side.
- Open New Bank Account – The First thing You Need to Do Before You Close Your Bank Account is to Open a New Account in another Bank. Once Opened Deposit all Your Cash.
- De-Link Your Debit card Auto Payment – It is Very Important to De-Link Your auto Payments from Your old Cards. Cancel all Your Insurance Payments and De- Link from all the UPI Based Apps.
- Statement Backup – Never know when you need your old bank statement. So it is very important to Take Backup up all Your Back statements. You can Take a Print out of the Statement a Keep it Safe. You can read this article on how to Request for Bank Statement – How to Write a Bank statement Request letter to Manager
FAQ ( HDFC Bank Account Closure )
How to close an HDFC bank account Online?
You can Not Close Bank Account online. However, You can Download the Account Closure From online & Submit it to Your Branch for Further Process.
What are the Charges for HDFC Bank Account Closure?
- Account Closure Within 14 Days of Opening: No Charges.
- Account Closure From 15 days to 6 months: ₹500
- Account Closure From 6 months to 12 months: ₹250
- Account Closure From After 12 Months: No Charges.
How to Download the HDFC Account Closure Form?
As Mentioned Before, You can Download the HDFC Account Closure Form online from the official Website. Click on the Link Download the HDFC Account Closure Form.
I hope we have Cleared all Your Queries related to “How to close HDFC Bank Account” in this article. In case if You have any questions related to this, Feel free to share with us in the Comments Below.
You can Also Contact HDFC Customer care Number for any Queries Related to how to close HDFC Bank Account or How to close an HDFC Bank account online.
Read Similar Article –