Established on 5 January 1994, ICICI Bank is one of the Prime Private Sector Banks in India. The Bank offers multiple Banking & Financial Services to its Customers. However, if You are Not Satisfied with the Services Provided by ICICI Bank, It’s Time to find a new Bank that better serves your needs. This Article Shares Detailed Information about How to close an icici bank account online.
People usually have multiple bank accounts for Various Reasons. However, If the Account Remains inactive, The Bank will start deducting charges for the minimum balance.
Many Indian private Sector Banks require the account holders to maintain a minimum Balance of 5000 INR. It is better to close the account than to pay the minimum balance fee. Let Us Know How to close an icici bank account online.
ALSO, READ | How to Write Bank Account Closure Letter
The entire process of Closing the ICICI Bank Account cannot be done online. You can download the ICICI Bank Account Closure Form online & Follow the Steps Mentioned Below.
Table of Contents
How to close an ICICI Bank Account
- De-Link Your Bank Account From all the Automatic Payments, service apps & Payments platform Like PhonePe or Gpay.
- Download the ICICI Bank Account Closure Form, click here.
- Fill in all the Necessary Details Mentioned on the Form.
- Now, Visit Your ICICI Branch & Submit Your Account Closure Form Along with the Passbook, Debit card & Cheque Book.
- The Bank Executive or Manager will Verify all the Document Attached with the Form & Provide You an acknowledgment slip.
- Once Verified, Your ICICI Bank Account will be Closed within 7-10 Working Days.
Steps to Follow Before Closing a Bank Account
- Open a New Bank Account – Before You close Your old Bank Account, it is Important to open a New Bank Account. Withdraw all Money From the old Bank Account & transfer it to the New Account for Better Convenience.
- De-Link Your Bank Account – The next step you should take when closing your account is to De-Link Your Bank Account From Automatic payments, Payments Apps & Deductions. Once De-linked, Now Setup all the Payments & Deduction with Your New Bank Account.
- Download Account Statement – The Bank Account Statement Allows the Account Holders to Keep track of their finances. Download Your Last 12 Month Account Statement to Keep track of all Your Income, Expenditure, Payments & More.
- Closure Charges – ICICI Bank Won’t Charge You any Fees if You Decide to Close Your Bank Account within 14 days of opening it. However, If You closure You Bank Account After 14 Days, You are accountable to Pay a Certain amount.
While opening a New Bank Account, Make sure to Education yourself about the Services offered By the Bank. We hope this article clears all Your Queries about How to close ICICI Bank Account online. You can also get in touch with ICICI Customer care for any Queries Regarding Account Closure.