Savings Account is a Basic type of Bank account that Allows You to Save Your Money while earning interest. Savings Account Holds Your Money Safe and pays interest Every month on money in your account. Many Banks Like HDFC Offers Zero Balance Savings Account to Encourage people to make savings. In this article, we Have Discussed Everything about How to open zero balance saving account in hdfc.
Opening a Savings Account Doesn’t Take Much Time. The Easiest Way to Open a Savings Account is to do it online. You can also Visit your Nearest HDFC Branch to open a zero Balance Savings Account.
ALSO, READ | How to block HDFC credit card ( 3 Easy Ways )
How to open zero balance saving account in HDFC online?
To open a Savings Account online, the Account Holder needs to be 18 years old or older. Mentioned Below is the Step by Steps Guide to open HDFC Zero Balance Account online.
- Visit the official Website of HDFC Bank in Your Browser.
- Navigate to save and then Savings Account in products Section.
- A pop-up will open where You have to click on the Open Now option.
- You will be Redirected to New Page Where You have to click on open Your Account Now.
- For Getting Started, Fill the Form with Your Mobile Number, PAN Card Number, or Date of Birth, Enter Captcha.
- Tick Mark the option to Authorize HDFC Bank to Call You and click on Continue.
- An HDFC Bank Executive will Get in touch with You for the Verification Process.
- After the Successful Verification of Your Documents, the Bank will Provide You a Welcoming Kit containing an ATM card, Cheque Book and Passbook.
- Once the Banking Services are Activated, You can Generate the ATM PIN from Your Nearest HDFC ATM and Also Request for Net Banking Activation.
This is How Easily You can open zero balance saving account in HDFC. Let us know more about how to open HDFC zero balance account offline.
Open HDFC Zero Balance Savings Account offline
- Visit Your Nearest HDFC Branch along with Your Original copy of your Aadhar Card and PAN card.
- Ask the Bank Executive for Savings Account Form or Download it From Here.
- Fill in all the Details Carefully in the Form. Once Done, Submit the form to the Executive along with Your Aadhar or PAN Card Copy.
- The Bank will Verify all the Details You have Mentioned in the Form.
- After the Verifications, You can receive a Welcome Kit containing Your Passbook, Cheque Book, and ATM cum Debit card.
- Your Bank account will be Activated within 24 Hours. Now you can start using Services offered by HDFC Zero Balance Account.
Benefits of Opening a Zero Balance Bank Account
A Zero Balance Savings Account is one of the Most Popular Savings Options people can invest in. However, Savings is Important yet, so challenging for most people. Zero Balance Savings Account develop a culture of saving. Here some of the Benefits of opening an HDFC Zero Balance Account.
- No Minimum Balance – Unlike other Private and Public Banks in the Country, You Do Not Have to Maintain a Minimum Balance in Your Bank Account. Above all, The HDFC Bank won’t Charge Your Penalty Fees for Not Maintaining a Monthly Minimum Balance in Your Account.
- Ease of Transactions – Make Payment of your Various Bills and Funds Via Internet banking facility. You can Easily Pay for Your Mobile, Electricity, DTH, SIP, or Water through Your Zero Balance Net Banking Account.
- Free Passbook – All the Customers who open a Savings Account with HDFC Bank Gets a Free Passbook. Even zero Balance Savings Accounts are Also Eligible to get a Passbook From the Bank. The Passbook will help You to Keep track of all Your Transactions.
- Internet Banking – HDFC Bank offers an Internet Banking facility to Their Savings Account Customers. You can Access Most of the Banking Services online Just by Login into Your Net Banking Account. The Basic Services offered by HDFC Internet Banking Includes Balance Enquiry, Fund Transfer, Bill Payment, Request a New Debit card or Block the Lost or Stolen ATM Card & More.
- Debit card Access – Debit Cum ATM cards are one of the Most Important Banking Instruments in Our Pockets. Debit cards Lets You Enjoy the convenience of cashless transactions. Above all, Do Not Worry about Carrying enough Paper Money, Just Use Your Debit card to swipe and Pay Bills Everywhere.
- Locker Facility – Zero balance saving account in HDFC comes with a Locker facility. Based upon Your Specific Requirements, the Bank will Provide You Safe Locker Facility. The HDFC Locker Provides security to your precious jewelry and other valuables.
- Payment Gateway – HDFC zero balance account ATM / Debit cards can be used to Make convenient online Payments. Pay for Your Bills online without any hassle.
What are the Documents Required to open HDFC zero balance account?
To open the HDFC Zero Balance Account, You Need to Submit Certain Documents to the Bank. Carry the Following List of Documents While Visiting Bank for Account Opening.
- PAN Card / Aadhar Card for Identity Proof.
- 2 Passport Size photograph.
- Electricity Bill or Voter ID Card for Address Proof.
HDFC Savings Account Interest rates
Effective from 11th June 2020, the Savings Account Interest Rates of HDFC is 3.00% for balances below Rs. 50 lakh. Interest Rates of Balances Above Rs. 50 lakh is 3.50%. The Bank will Pay You Interest at quarterly intervals.
FAQ ( HDFC Zero Balance Account )
Who is Eligible to open HDFC Zero Balance Savings Account?
All Indian Residents age are eligible to open HDFC Zero Balance Savings Account.
What are the Documents Required for the opening of an Account?
The Documents Required are your Aadhar card and PAN card with 2 Passport Size photographs.
Will I get a Cheque Book with HDFC Zero Balance Savings Account?
Yes, You will Get a Cheque Book in Your Welcome Kit at the Time of Opening your Account.
How do I Approach HDFC Bank to open a Savings Account?
You can visit the official Website of HDFC and Apply online for Savings Account or Get in touch with Customer care for Assistance.
How to update my PAN Number?
You can Visit Your Nearest HDFC Branch and Ask the Executive to update your PAN.
The Zero savings account is one of the Best Ways to Build a Habit of Save Money. But Before You open an HDFC Zero Balance Account, Keep Few things in Your Mind that Zero Balance Account only Allows a Limited Number of transactions Per Month. Therefore, If You make More transactions than are Allowed by Bank, Your Zero Balance Savings Account Get Converted into Regular Savings Account.
ALSO, READ | HDFC bank balance check number
Above all, We Hope This Article Clarifies all Your Queries related to zero balance saving account in HDFC. If you have any Question Associated with HDFC Savings Account, Do Share with us in the comments below. You can also Get in touch with HDFC Customer care Number 61606161 for any Queries, Feedback, and Questions.
ALSO READ | HDFC Bank Timings & HDFC NEFT timings