In addition, Banking Industry Plays a Vital Role In the Development of Economic Growth of a Country. Banks in India Promotes the Flow of Funds to Assure Financial resources Allocated Efficiently Towards Economic Growth. India is a Developing Country with an increasingly global presence and, this Led the More International Banks in India.
International banks Tend to Increase the Efficiency of Banking System in Country By Bring More Investments & Latest Technology. The financial Institute plays an important role as the source of funds and India has Attracted a Massive Inflow of Foreign Direct Investment From International banks.
- Also read – Top 10 Largest Government Banks in India
Currently, 46 International Banks are Operating in India & These Banks offer various Services Like Investment, Wealth Management & Banking. Here is the list of Top 10 International Banks in India Changing the Indian Banking Scenario.
Table of Contents
Top 10 International Banks in India
[table id=84 /]
1. Citi Bank – Citi bank is the Largest Foreign bank operating in India. Established in 1902 in Kolkata, the Citi Bank Has a Long History in India. Headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, The Citi Bank Has More Than 40 Branches Across the Country.
The Services offered by CITI Bank India are Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Capital markets, Risk Management & Cards. Although The Bank has its Headquatered in Mumbai, the Majority of Its Human Resources are Located in Chennai Followed by Mumbai and Gurugram.
After 119 years of Services in India, On 15 Apr 2021 CITI Bank Declared that They will withdraw Their consumer Banking Services From 13 Different Countries including India as part of their restructuring plan.
2.Standard Chartered – Headquatered in London, England the Standard Chartered is a British Multinational Bank. The Operates on Network of More Than 1200 Branches Across 70 Countries Around the World.
Started operations in 1858, The Standard Chartered is the Second Largest International Banks in India. It Has More Than 100 Branches in 43+ Cities Across India. Standard Chartered offers Service In Commercial, Private, Retail & Institutional Banking.
Standard Chartered is committed to Provide the Best banking Experience to Their Customer with Their Services. In the Year 2019, This Commitment Has to Lead them to Ranked 2nd for customer experience by Kantar. In 2020 They received the Award For Best International Private Bank at Asiamoney Private Banking Awards.
3. HSBC Bank – Headquatered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, the HSCB Bank an Indian subsidiary of UK-based HSBC Holdings plc. HSBC is Worlds One of the Biggest Banking & Financial Services Company offering Services in More Than 64 countries.
Established in 1853 in India as Mercantile Bank of India, HSBC offers Services in Corporate, Commercial & Retail Banking. HSBC Plays a vital Role in the Development of the Indian Banking System with Advanced Technologies & Services. They have Even Introduced the First ATM in 1987 in India.
4. DBS Bank – DBS Bank Formerly Known as Development Bank of Singapore Limited is a Singaporean multinational banking and financial services Company. Started its First Operations in 1995 in India, the DBS Bank is one of the Major International banks in India.
With More branches opening in Various cities of India, DBS Banks AIMs to provide the best services to its customers across India. Before Expansion, DBS Bank was operating only in Major Cities of the Country. But Now They are opening Their Five Branches in Rural Areas offering Seamless Banking Services.
5. Deutsche Bank – Deutsche Bank is a Germany-based multinational investment bank operating in India Since 1980. Founded in Berlin in 1870 the Deutsche Bank Has its Presence in 58 Different Countries.
Deutsche Bank Provides Services Like Investment Banking, Asset Management, Retail Banking, business processes outsourcing & institutional equities broking. Currently, Deutsche Bank is Operating with 30+ Branches in 9 Different States of India. In 2008 The Bank was Awarded as Best Bank in India by the Asset Magazine.
6. Royal Bank of Scotland- Royal Bank of Scotland, known as Natwest in India, is a major retail and commercial bank in Scotland. In 2003 Royal Bank of Scotland Started Its operations in India as a Microfinance business.
NatWest Group India formerly RBS India, offers Best Class Banking Services in India. NatWest operating in Five Different Locations that are New Delhi, Gurugram, Chennai, and Bengaluru.
7. Bank of America – The Bank of America is one of India’s well-known International banks in India. Operating Since 1964 in India, The BOA Offers Comprensive Financial Products which Include lending, working capital, treasury and trade services, foreign exchange & More.
Bank of America is also one of the Leading investment banking and broking firms operating in India. Currently, The Bank Has Four in India which are in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, and Bengaluru.
8. Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait- Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait or BBK is a Banking and Financial company Headquatered in Manama, Bahrain. First Started in 1986, the Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait offers Banking Services through its Four Branches in India.
BBK Specialised in Corporate, Investment, NRI & Personal Banking Services. In India, the BBK Has Branches in Major Cities Like Hyderabad, new Delhi, Mumbai & Aluva(Kerala).
9. Doha Bank – Doha Bank is one of the Largest Commercial Banks in Doha. Established in the Year 1978, The Bank Started its Commercial Services in March 1979.
Doha Bank is one of the Major International Banks in India. In addition, I Started operations on June 10, 2014, the Doha Bank Has 3 Branches in Mumbai, Chennai, and Kochi. The Bank is Offering Services Like deposits, Credit & NRI Services.
10. Barclays Bank – The Barclays Bank is a British multinational Headquatered in London. Started its Services in 1990 in India,
They Have become the Market leader in Corporate Banking & Investment Banking Sector.
Barclays has Invested More than $800million of capital For the Development of the Banking Sector in India. The Amount Invested is Still the Largest capital involvement by any other International Banks in India.
Banking Sector is Known as the Backbone of any Country. The Foreign Banks in India have Improved the local banking system by Bringing More Investment & technology. We Hope You Find This Article Helpful about the International banks in India.